Leanna Taggio, PT
My goal as your physiotherapist is first to listen. You have a story to tell. And every body has a unique story that has brought them to this stage of their physical health.
So my role is to listen to that story and then determine not only the site of your injury, but also the reason for the injury. Let’s focus on not only the ‘what’, but the ‘why’.
Your one-on-one sessions include a full consultation, examination, progress check-up and of course, treatment time. Depending on what we are treating, this may include:
- joint mobilizations and manipulations
- soft tissue release
- electrotherapy (ultrasound, TENS, IFC, laser)
- individualized exercise prescription
- sports injury rehabilitation
- post-operative rehabilitation
- education regarding your injury and tools to self-manage and prevent a recurrence
Physiotherapy is not simply just a service provided for individuals recovering from injury/surgery, but it is also preventative in nature. Just like cars need quarterly maintenance in order to optimize their performance, so do we! Physiotherapists can assist you in gaining/maintaining your strength, endurance, and flexibility as well as maximize your daily function. Why not invest in your health and do something that your future self will thank you for?
Physiotherapy is an effective way to address conditions such as:
- Low back pain/Sciatica
- Neck pain
- Shoulder or elbow injuries/tendonitis
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Knee, ankle, foot pain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Sports injuries
- Osteoarthritis/Rheumatoid arthritis
- Post-operative rehabilitation