Dr. Misa Kawasaki, BSc, ND
Is a Naturopathic Doctor part of your prenatal health care team?
Going through the different stages of your pregnancy can be challenging! And during the appointments with your Ob-Gyn or midwife, there is often not enough time to have all your questions and concerns addressed, leaving you on your own to figure things out. Even though it causes you stomach ache and constipation, you diligently take Materna everyday and wonder what other supplements you should be taking. You can’t always trust what you read on the internet or hear from others, and this can cause unnecessary worry and anxiety during your pregnancy—especially if it’s your first time being pregnant.
As a mom of 2 daughters, Dr. Misa understands what you are going though and will work together with your Ob-Gyn or midwife to educate you on keeping you and your baby healthy during your pregnancy and labour. Pregnancy and labour is a special privilege and natural process of life for women, NOT a pathology or a disease! Let Dr. Misa empower you to feel more in control of your body, allow you to care for your growing baby, and most of all ENJOY your pregnancy AND labour!
To book an appointment with Dr. Misa or for more information, click here.
What to expect from your prenatal visits
- Consultation on dietary requirements during each trimester
- Foods to avoid during pregnancy
- What supplements are best for you and the baby
- How to manage “morning sickness”, vaginal spotting, cold/flu, fever, urinary tract
- infections and fatigue without the use of medications
- Preventing gestational diabetes and high blood pressure
- Natural remedies for cervical ripening and effective labour
Did you know Dr. Misa is also a certified provider of acupuncture during pregnancy & labour?
Acupuncture can be used for:
- Inducing labour in a late pregnancy
- Turning a breech baby
- Reducing nausea
- Decreasing anxiety and improving sleep
- Pain management during labour